INTRODUCTION SEHHAT FOUNDATION SOCIETY:
Sehhat Foundation Society a registered NGO working in Gilgit Baltistan (Northern Areas of Pakistan) since 2005 focusing on General Health, Maternal and Child health, Health Education, Nursing training. It is dedicated to improving living conditions and opportunities for the poor, without regard to their caste, creed and color. Focusing on maternal and child health, health education and nursing training. It is dedicated to improving living conditions and opportunities for the poor, without regard to their caste, creed and color. It is evident from our achievements that we have made a change by bringing the expected mother to the nearby MCH centre thus reducing the risk factors after delivery at home, which was eventually lead to PPD and other post partum complication and even death.
To provide better and low cost health facilities for general public in common and for mother and child of Gilgit Balitistan in particular.
To provide knowledge, learning and high quality facilities for nursing/midwifery education to girls, thereby improve the quality of childbirth and mother care!
Goals & Objectives:
• To Provide Hospital Services at their door step which includes Investigations (Labarotary, Radiology facilities), In Patient admissions and Surgeries.
• To ensure the birth of a healthy infant to every expectant mother at safe and proper place.
• To provide services to promote the healthy growth and development of the children under 5 years.
• To identify health problems in mother and children at an early stage and initiate proper treatment.
• To prevent malnutrition in mother and children
• To prevent communicable and non communicable diseases in mother and children.
• To promote Family Planning.
• To educate mother on improvement of their own and their children health.
• To help in reduction of maternal, infant mortality and morbidity.
• Promotion of reproductive health.
• Promotion of all around development of children.